Performance 21 April
One night of live, experimental music.
This event is SOLD OUT - Last Entry is at 8:45pm
Throughout its history Leeds Industrial Museum would have been soundtracked by the rhythms of industrial machinery, humming conversation and choirs of voices.
We have invited Pye Corner Audio, Object Blue and Bambooman to bring the beat back to the mill on April 21st in a very unique event that will see them perform surrounded by the machinery of the industrial revolution.
Making this night even more unique is the fact that Bambooman is producing a special set based on field recordings he is making during his artist residency at the museum.
The DJs Boe&Lx will make you want to get up and dance.
Announcement for the event on Saturday
This is an unusual gig and here are a couple of things you need to know
- The entrance for the night is the main entrance of the museum accessed via Canal Road
- The final entries to the gig will be at 8:45pm. After this the main entrance for the museum will be locked.
- The spinning mule loom will be running at 7.15 and 8.15 so arrive then if you want to see it
- NikNak will be performing from 7pm until 8pm so get down early to catch her
- Bambooman is performing a special commissioned piece of music made from field recordings he has made in the museum and surrounding area. He will be starting his set at 8pm
- Wear sensible footwear on the evening and he considerate of your fellow audience members. This is not a gig space and health and safety is more of a concern then normal.
- There will be strobes being used on the night.
- Please don’t fall in the mill pond, unless you are a good swimmer.
Follow this link to the Leeds Industrial Museum visit page for more info about getting to the museum.
The bar for this event will be provided by Armley’s very own Raynville Superstore so expect beers from several Leeds brewers as well as a gin bar.